Friday, February 27, 2009

Color Inspiration #43

So it's another awesome Color Inspiration Challenge from Kristina Werner. Once again I'm making cards into the wee hours of the morning. I had a tough time with these colors. Actually I love them but the pumpkin pie and the brocade blue was really throwing me for a road block. I even had to shower in between the card making to come up with how to piece all the colors together. 5 colors is definitely NOT easy to work with. I toyed and fiddled and finally settled on the retired Stampin' Up set Delight In Life and the Wonderful Favorites stamp set. I'm quite happy with how the card turned out. I never used brocade blue or the Wonderful Favorites set so I'm glad to have those tarnished with ink. The only thing that didn't work out as planned, which is totally because I'm lazy... Is the ruby red sheet should've been a touch longer... Actually what happened was that the blue border was the same on both sides of the ruby red but the bottom was too short so I just ended up snipping the top bit. But then it made the top and side all funny. The more I look at it now the more it's buggin' me... I gotta go in and fix it another night if I can manage to pry it off the cardstock without destroying the card. Or I might just leave it and give it to a wonderful friend who doesn't make cards and couldn't care less about the mismatched borders... That's a good plan =) Guess Regan and Arlie are out of the question....
P.S. How do you like the photos I've been posting? I think I've found a decent program on my camera for white balance and lighting etc. Let me know what you think!

6 comments:

Yankee in England said...

Great card! Love the bright colors

Winter said...

Very pretty! Great job!

Traveling Mama said...

I totally know what you mean about staying up late... I can live without sleep but I CANNOT live without stamping! LOL! Great card this week!

Regan said...

Very pretty Sandy, I'm impressed...Maybe you can help me with the settings on my camera ;)

SharonD said...

You did a great job.
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

Unknown said...

Great job with the colour combo.