Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Card 1

It's been a long time since I've posted anything. Don't worry, I am still alive and well. Trying to fit in crafting whenever I can but it's still busy despite the wedding being over. Are weddings ever really over? We finally ordered our thank you cards today. Why so late you might ask? Because we only got our pictures from the photographer last week! I managed to squeeze in 2 Christmas workshops and I had a coworker request 10 cards so I'll be sharing those over the next couple days. I could share them all in one post but... why not stretch it out right? If I wasn't so lazy, I would've made 2 more and started a 12 days till Christmas countdown. I am super lazy though so it'll be 10 cards. Here's card #1. It was made using the new Simply Scored tool that Stampin' Up! released. I always scored my cards with my old school Scor-Pal and was constantly frustrated whenever I needed to score anything other than 5.5" or 4.25". The lines are preset in the weirdest increments and to this day, I still don't know why. Martha Stewart has a very similar scoring board as Stampin' Up! but I love the little markers that you can put into the Simply Scored. Be careful though! People are always curious about those markers and will take them out to look at. It's happened to me twice already where someone didn't put it back in the same place! Without looking at the actually measurement on my Simply Scored, I just followed where my marker was set and ended up with improperly measured score lines. 
The rosette was actually super easy to make. You can see the tutorial here. Not sure if this was the tutorial I watched but it still goes though all the steps! The flag corner was easily cut out using a square paper punch! Sticky Strip comes in handy for this card! 

No comments: