Friday, March 16, 2012

A Note of Thanks

So I was trying to be all smart and decided to crop the photo. Little did I realize that it'd turn out like this... Oh well! I recently needed to make a bunch of thank you cards and with time being very hard to come by, I needed these suckers to be fast and cute. I think they turned out quite cute and for the fast factor? Well it took a couple nights to finish but at least it got done, which is the important part. They are 3.5" x 3.5" the stamped image is just using a clear stamping block! I've wanted to use that technique for the longest time now and I'm so happy with how they turned out. At first, I couldn't get the block to look very good. One lady on youtube suggested spraying the block after you ink it with some water so it helps the ink distribute. 100% not needed folks. I just needed to stamp it on something semi-squishy. Whether that be a cutting mat or in my case, a little stack of card stock. Whatever you're stamping on just needs to have a bit of give for the block to really make contact with the card stock. Stamping on a hard desk surface failed miserably. Have a great weekend everyone! 

No comments: