My oh my it seems like I'm finding my crafting time again! Perhaps it's because all of the trashy reality tv shows I've been following are over... Doesn't matter what the reason is, I just know I'm enjoying myself and even more excited that it's finally FRIDAY tomorrow. The office today was brutal. The air here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada has been pretty unusual today. It looks like it's ridiculously foggy but it's actually a hazy smoke that's floated all the way over from BRITISH COLUMBIA!!! On the news today it was reported that there are over 200 fires in BC right now and the smoke is travelling across the border! So lots of people at work are getting headaches, allergic reactions and even wheezing! I can't even imagine how bad the air is in BC if Edmontonians think our air is bad. Anyways, onto tonight's card. I combined the Card Positioning Systems sketch #180 with the Play Date Cafe's challenge #43. Speaking of PDCC, I got picked as the cream in their coffee last week (sorta like I got honorable mention)! Unfortunately I couldn't incorporate any patterned paper but I'm still counting this for my no paper/product buying challenge.
I find is kind of humorous that most of my cards look so insanely simple, but yet it takes me a very very very long time to finish! Take this card for instance. I started this card at approximately 9:30 and finished it at 11:30. Why does it take me so long you might ask? Well here's what happened with this card. I looked through my stamps and found a stamp I wanted to use. Then I proceeded to find coordinating ribbon to use as the 3 stripes. After choosing 3 ribbons, I sat around trying to figure out how to incorporate the Tempting Turquoise. I also wanted to use patterned paper for the no paper/product buying challenge so I look through all of my patterned paper for something green. I pull out the Woodland Walk DSP and spend some time trying to picture it on the card. After wasting precious minutes, I decide against the DSP. I stamp my image in Glorious Green and trim it out. I try stamping the image again on Tempting Turquoise and trim out the flower. After realizing it was kinda ugly because it blended in too much, I stamped it again on white and re-cut it. I started with a white base and wanted to use Glorious Green for the background so I cut that out and dry embossed it. At this point I still haven't found a way to put Tempting Turquoise in so I grab some ribbon and see how that looks. Not good. Then I decide to use the Tempting Turquoise as the base so I re-cut and re-dry emboss another sheet. I then cut up my neutral cream colored ribbons. At this point I have looked at the colors online numerous times already and tried to figure out what the 3 colors were. After reading the description again and again, I realized that the middle color wasn't a light vanilla at all, but rather a LIME GREEN like the description said!!! So I scrap all that previous ribbon and have to choose lime green ribbon now. After I get all that sorted, I wanted to add a bit of color to the middle of the flower. I was hoping for a light watercolor wash of yellow so it still looks close to the lime green. Of course I forgot that the water will make the green ink flower lines run so now I've got a mucky middle. Great. So I decide to add glitter to it to hide my dummy moment. After finishing the glitter I think I'm finished but don't actually like how it looks so I try adding other embellishments to the top left corner. After realizing I have nothing I can add, I decide that the white card base isn't good enough so I trim off the back half of the card and trim down the white border and attach the whole thing onto a Certainly Celery card base. Then I pick a sentiment for the inside, glue in the white inside sheet and stamp the finishing touches (the envelope and my name). Phew!!! I don't know if anyone actually reads posts that have this much writing but I just wanted to share. 12:01 AM. Perfect time to end this post and shower. Good night and hope everyone has a great Friday!!