Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lazy Sunday...

Just wanted to share a couple things on this lazy Sunday. Jamie had a craving for cinnamon buns so decided to make some! I've made them once before and he criticized that mine were dry. I told him he should make sticky buns so it has that ooey gooey yumminess on top. Well I must say, if I didn't tell him to do that, his buns were just as dry as mine!!! So if he brings up my dry cinnamon buns again (which is often does), I'll have some ammo to fire back! 
The second thing I wanted to share before bed. Remember when I made my little garbage container out of scraps? If not, you can see it here. Well something that I learned that night made me love Stampin' Up card stock even more than I already do. When I first started crafting, I did as all beginners do. I went to Michael's and bought a bunch of card stock to get started. I still have about 4 packages of white hanging around. I often will use this card stock as scraps so what better time to use it than now for making letters for my garbage box. After stamping a few times, I kept wondering, "Why the heck is my stamped image so crappy?" It looked as though I didn't ink it up enough. So I decided to change card stock and viola! It was the card stock and not the ink or stamp that was crappy! Stampin' Up's Whisper White just takes ink so much better. Try clicking the picture and enlarging it to see for yourself. 
So the picture above shows the same stamp set and same Classic Basic Black Stampin' Up ink. The bottom row is white card stock from Michael's (Value Pack White Cardstock Sheets by The Paper Company ANW Crestwood). The second row is just white card stock from Staples (Staples brand). The top row is the gorgeous Whisper White card stock from Stampin' Up. Not only does it take ink way better, it's also a nice bright white color and just oh so smooth to the touch. Michael's card stock is rough and kind of dull looking. Really just bleh in my opinion! Do you have a go-to white card stock? 

No comments: