Monday, November 22, 2010

Using Up Scraps!!!

I am really not good at using up my paper scraps. So I always just leave them in a little (actually it's quite large!) pile underneath my cutter. You can see from the photo that I had a lot of leftover pink patterned paper. I used a bunch of paper to make a wedding planner for my best friend, Elizabeth. I was left with a bunch of 1" strips so I decided to try weaving them together. After weaving a short panel to cover a box that was used as a "garbage" box during my last workshop, I realized I could weave a huge panel! 
I ended up cutting up all the rest of my pink scraps into 1" strips and made a nice long weave! Afterwards I stamped some letters out and stuck those onto the sides. This will now be my new garbage can for workshops! 
Three cheers for using up scraps!!! Hip hip hurray! Hip hip hurray! Hip hip hurray!!!

No comments: