Monday, July 26, 2010

PPC-CC 23 & Just Add Ink #27


Boy I can't believe we're at the end of July already!! This is insane! It's amazing how little we've gotten done for our home renovations. We haven't touched the poor laundry room since we tore down all the gross wood paneling. If you want to see photos, check out my previous post here. Enough babbling! Onto this week's color challenge over at Picture Perfect Creations. This week Megan gave us colors that fall into my comfort zone. Although I do love Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight still needs to do more work if it wants to replace Summer Sun in my heart. Having only 3 colors to work with is also another one of my comfort areas. I have a hard time working in more than 3 colors so I'm glad we have a 3 color week. I paired it with Just Add Ink #27, which is the sketch shown above. 
I used the retired Walk in the Park DSP and the new hostess stamp set called Because I care. It may look a bit funny in photos with that layering effect I tried to pull off (but didn't really...) on the hydrangea but in person it looks a tad better. Did you notice a new piece of embellishment that I've never used before? It's a pin that was made by Lisa over at Pretty Pin Embellishments and she graciously sponsored a few of our challenges over at PPC. Hopefully you get a chance to play along with us this week!  

12 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE this card!

Jo said...

Ohh Sandy, this is absolutely gorgeous.

Christine Blain said...

Wow, Sandy, this is really beautiful! Love the touches of yellow on the card, and I think you pulled off the 4-panel hydrangea beautifully!

Paula Dobson said...

I think it works beautifully too. Love just the hint of colour too. The Hydrangea stamp is gorgeous!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love the bright yellow bead in the har pin to complement your gorgeous flower.

AJ said...

Love everything about this. Stunning colour combo.

Jodene said...

This is a stunning card Sandy! Love the stamp, and the pin embellishment is gorgeous :)

KimB said...

Hi Sandy, the contrast of the yellow flower against the grey background works so well. As does splitting the flower into four. Love the hair pin too.
Kim

Danielle Daws said...

Ooooh, GORGEOUS! I love the hat pin!

Sharnee Torrents said...

This is AMAZING!! Totally worth the win! WOW! that flower against the grey and the pin and the ribbon!! Way to go Mate!
Smiles Sharnee :0)

jamfiescreations1 said...

This is such a beautiful card. Fantastic job. I now follow your blog. Mary O

Tamie said...

Wow, Wow, Wee! Stunning is your card. I just love what you did with the flowers. You rocked another color challenge my friend.