Monday, January 17, 2011

PPC-CC Heat/Dry Emboss Challenge!

Good morning fellow crafters! Hope everyone had a great snowy cold weekend indoors crafting! I have to confess, I did very little crafting. Why you might ask? Because there are better things to do when it's -25 degrees Celsius outside and that's taking engagement photos! It wasn't the engagement photos that are included in our wedding package. We (I) decided to trek out to take some snowy shots because it just looked so beautiful outside with the snow falling all weekend. It was just oh so much fun that we did it both days. So in the little crafting that I did do, I was excited to create a card for this week's Picture Perfect Creations Challenge: heat/dry emboss! I love embossing of any sorts and I remember at my very first Stampin' Up workshop, it was the gold embossing powder that really wowed me. 
But gold has collected dust. I've found a new love and that love is as strong as ever. It's Iridescent Ice. The clear embossing powder with glitter from Stampin' Up. It's always my go to for embossing powder and that hasn't changed in say... oh ever! This card is a complete replica of the one Maile made. It's not as nice, but I just adore the card. Hopefully you get a chance to join us this week at PPC!! Have a great day and stay warm! 

3 comments:

Tamie said...

What a fun way to spend the weekend, playing in the snow, taking pictures (awesome). Good on ya! I love, love embossing too and the Iridescent Ice is just too perfect. After seeing yours, I am going to have to break it out! That stamp is one fantastic image!!! Gorgeous, just gorgeous. Hugs!!!

Lori Turner said...

Hey Sandy! This card has definite WOW factor, I must say! I might have to crack open my Irridecent Ice too :) WTG!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

BEAUTIFUL card! I love this image & the embossing is just perfect, and I love the colors you used
~Paula