Sunday, March 7, 2010

Color Throwdown #82 & Fall To Layout # 81

Another lazy Sunday for me today! I ended up sleeping in till 12:30! It was fantastic. I only woke up because Jamie woke me up. I've been trying to clear out a bunch of the random scraps I have laying on my table. I don't have a great system to store DSP scraps so they just end up sitting on my desk. I also have a bunch of card stock that's been cut that I "file" on my desk. A few nights ago I was hoping to participate in this week's Color Queen challenge, so I cut up 2 cards and decided to bling them up with some shimmer mist I made. The first card I used Platinum shimmer paint and the next card I used Frost White shimmer paint. So the first card picture is my take on Clean & Simple's Fall to Layout #81 and Color Throwdown challenge #82. I was in such a mindset to use up the two scraps of Night of Navy that I used that instead of Not Quite Navy. And I don't have any DSP in Ruby Red so I cheated yet again and used Real Red DSP. Hopefully I don't get my hand slapped! 

Here's what I did with the other half of my Night of Navy card stock with the Platinum shimmer mist. You  might not be able to see it but I got to use my Liquid Pearls again! This time I figured out what went wrong with the last time I used it. When it comes out, it sort of looks like a pile of poop or ice cream swirl so you're supposed to tap the paper to round it out. Being totally foolish I tapped it upside down and wondered why the heck it wasn't working. Well that only made it MORE poop/ice cream swirl like. You're supposed to hit it from the BOTTOM of the paper! So this time worked out better. Have a great Sunday! 

Card Ingredients
All items Stampin’ Up unless indicated.

Stamps: Very Thankful, Fresh Cuts
Ink: Craft Whisper White
Paper: Old Olive, Night of Navy, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, So Saffron, Ruby Red, DSP in Old Olive & Real Red
Embellishments: Liquid Pearls in Lemon Yellow (Ranger), Shimmer mist in Frost White & Platinum, white embossing powder
Tools: 1" & 1 1/4" circle punch, heat gun

6 comments:

Natasha said...

Ooh, so pretty! Love the shimmery paper!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Cool job combining the FTL and CTD challenges.

Vicky Hayes said...

These are lovely. Love all the glitz!

Broni said...

Love how you combined the challenges! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

LeAnne said...

Well, this is such a fun layout---I have seen it a few times now and am itching to use it myself! Thanks for playing with the CTD colors, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy this is awesome I hope you will consider sending a card to my contest too! Have a great day!~Donna