Friday, March 26, 2010

SPCC #40 & Inspiration in Action Weekend Sketch Challenge 122


Bound for Los Angeles, California in T minus 12 hours. Yay!!! A bunch of girlfriends are getting together to celebrate Jennifer's stagette. I'm very excited to get away. I'll be gone till next Wednesday so I had to stay up and play this week's SPCC challenge. I haven't missed a week since I stumbled onto the site and I won't let a little vacation get in the way! I decided to pair it with Gretchen's Inspiration in Action Weekend Sketch Challenge 122. It's the first time I've played with Gretchen's sketches and I loved it!! Here's my take on both challenges. 
So Khuno got groomed on Tuesday at Fabulous Furballs and I was a little disappointed this time around. Fabulous Furballs is one of the few places that teaches students how to groom pets. So if you let the students take a stab at your pet it's 50% off! Normally they do a great job but this time he basically came back shampooed and blow dried. He didn't get his winter coat thinned out like he normally does and he was still shedding a ton! Oh well. For $35 it was still well worth the money to have him smell all non-dog and lovely! We did, however, decide that his furry "speed lines" behind his legs/elbows needed to be trimmed. After a few snips with my craft ribbon scissors, I went a little cutting happy and trimmed his belly and his bum too! His little bum is so cute now! It's perfect round and bobs back and forth when he walks with his now very tiny legs! Here's a little shot for your enjoyment!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Talk to everyone in a week! =)  
Card Ingredients
All items Stampin’ Up unless indicated.

Stamps: Trendy Trees, Oval All
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Really Rust
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Really Rust, Whisper White
Embellishments: Eyelets, dazzling diamonds, Pretty in Pink gingham ribbon
Tools: Large oval punch, scalloped oval punch, Crop-a-dile, Big Shot, Textured Background Plates, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions folder


9 comments:

~amy~ said...

You do such amazing work with color combos! Love your sweet cards...cute pooch and good grief, check out all that fur...

Susan said...

Both cards are delightful. Thank you for joining us again at SPCC. I hope that your getaway is everything that you want it to be and more.

Emily said...

Love these cards!

Emily-SP Diva

Unknown said...

LOL!! Look at all that fur! Wow...Khuno looks nice and clean. I bet he smells great! Hey, have a fantastic time in L.A. and we'll see you when you're home...
Penny
PS...as always, love your cards!

RobbynW said...

That stamp set rocks this color challenge! Thanks for opening my eyes!!!
Robbyn - SP Diva

Unknown said...

beautiful card!!
I love the trees, and the way you put the sentiment is great

Unknown said...

great cards!!!=)

Stephanie said...

Great cards as always! Love the trees---I have that set also!

gbarron56 said...

Hi Sandy -- I'm a little late in responding to comments but want you to know how happy I am that you played along with the Inspiration in Action Challenge! I love both cards and the color challenge is great as well. Please come back and play again soon at Inspirationi in Action! Blessings, Gretchen