Sunday, April 11, 2010

PPC-CC #7


Here's my card for this week's PPC-CC challenge. It's made using a technique I learnt at our last team meeting. I'm not sure if there's a name for it but I'll just call it "rolling marbles". All you need is some marbles, a container of some sort and some marbles (or anything that rolls around). You won't believe how hard it was for me to find marbles. I looked everywhere! Either they aren't cool anymore or it's not quite marble season. Jamie couldn't find them either so he suggested I use the marbles from my Hungry Hungry Hippos game! Worked like a charm. So you put a few drops into a container with a lid, drop in the marbles and shake shake shake! Then put a little adhesive on the lid and attach the paper on the inside of the container. Close the lid and shake shake shake again. I kinda messed up with the bottom because the marbles rolled a little too much along the bottom edge. Yes yes yes, I messed up on the shake shake shake part.. Who woulda thought one could mess that part up! Forgive the crooked photo too... 

Card Ingredients
All items Stampin’ Up unless indicated.

Stamps: Trendy Trees
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Embellishments: Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, clear embossing powder
Tools: Hungry Hungry Hippo marbles! 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" square punches, Stamp-a-ma-jig

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is SO awesome!! I love it...I want to try it out!! Beautiful card, Sandy.

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

I love your background!