Thursday, April 29, 2010

Relay For Life 2010

The Canadian Cancer Society Relay For Life is more than just a fundraiser. It is an opportunity to get together with family and friends and celebrate cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost to cancer, and fight back in the hope of finding a cure for this terrible disease.


This great event is happening on May 29, 2010 and I'm part of Team Dawn. Last year one of my good friends lost her mother to cancer and she started a team during last year's event in memory of her mom. She raised over $5000 and got the bronze position out of all the teams that participated. She wants to beat that goal this year and raise even more money. There are many people in my life that have been affected by cancer and I say it's time to show cancer who's boss. Visit my page to donate and support me in this overnight 12 hour relay where me and 9 others will take turns running a track along with other teams. I'll keep everyone posted on how close I am to reaching my goal of helping raise $250. I know money is hard to come by these days but every dollar helps! So skip your Starbucks for a couple days and donate!!

No comments: