Monday, April 19, 2010

SPCC #44

Boy I sure lucked out with this week's SPCC color challenge. I was working on a card for a coworker whose boyfriend loves bright green and orange. So the card I was making used Only Orange instead of Dusty Durango because it's so much brighter of an orange color! I don't often veer from the colors suggested but in this case, I'm doing it for a good reason. The card features a couple things from the upcoming Summer Mini catalogue from Stampin' Up. The new lattice embossing folder is used and the builder wheel. Hopefully her boyfriend likes it. 

Card Ingredients (All items Stampin’ Up unless indicated. )
Stamps: Creatures (Doodle Factory), Pop Numbers (Bampop), wheel builders (Candle Crazy, Birthday & So Many Stars)
Ink: Only Orange, Green Galore, Summer Sun, Staz-On Jet Black
Paper: Green Galore, Whisper White, Gable Green, Only Orange
Embellishments: 
Tools: paper distresser, lattice embossing folder, jumbo handle for wheel builders

10 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Awesome card Sandy! I *love* my new embossing folder - you will too! How do you like the wheel builder things?

Very cute card - love it - I think the bright orange looks FAB!!

Katt Adams said...

Awesome card for a dude! Love the little guy- as for the embossing folder I am madly in love with mine!
Katt

Emily said...

So so so cute!

Emily-SP Diva

Susan said...

This is such a happy, fun card - well done!

Allison said...

Sandy, I love what you did with the wheel builders, this card is TOO cute! And I think it's okay that you used Only Orange (I have such trouble with Really Rust/Dusty Durango myself) ;)

Allison - SP Diva

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...

Cute card!

-Kristin SP Diva

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! What a cute frog and the embossing folder is awesome! Melisa-SP Diva

Juanita said...

Such a cute card, thanks for joining us at SPCC.

Stephanie said...

This is such a cute crad! Great job as always!

Stephanie said...

This is such a cute crad! Great job as always!