Monday, May 10, 2010

PPC-CC #12

I hope everyone had a great mother's day! We ended up having dinner at my brother's place with a bunch of family. I baked a tiramisu genoise layer cake and for some reason it was ridiculously dry. I have no idea happened. It's such a finicky cake that I really should just stop trying to bake it. I've baked it 3 times now and I think it only turned out once. And that "turned out" is more like a "turned out better". We'll see if there's another occasion for me to bake another cake because I still have another entire container of marscapone cream. Now onto this week's Picture Perfect Creations Crafty Challenge. We're already up to challenge 12!! Megan chose Bravo Burgundy which I can honestly say I have never used. I cracked open that ink pad and did some aqua painting after I realized that using the SU marker was going to be too dark. Head on over to the PPC-CC blog to play along with us this week and see what the other creators came up with! 

Card Ingredients (All items Stampin’ Up unless indicated. )
Stamps: A Little Bit of Happiness, woodgrain
Ink: Soft Suede, Basic Black, Bravo Burgundy, Perfect Plum, Sage Shadow
Paper: Soft Suede, Perfect Plum, Sage Shadow, Whisper White
Embellishments: Bravo Burgundy grosgrain ribbon, button (Wal-Mart), linen thread
Tools: scallop edge border punch, 1/16" circle punch, paper distresser

4 comments:

Tamie said...

Sandy your aqua painting is just awesome. It looks really great with your clean and simple card. I love burgandy but haven't used it in a while...LOL. I enjoy seeing what you come up with each week. Another winner!!!

Tamie- PPC Creator

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

I love the wood-grain background on this card... goes perfectly with the little flowers!
~Paula

Nicole said...

Sandy, your card is so sweet!! Love the clean lines and adding the wood grain gives it a really nice detail!! Hugs! Nicole

Lori Turner said...

Sandy, your card is awesome! I love that wood grain background too - and the simple clean lines are fab! I love your bow :) WTG!

Lori - PPC Creator