Saturday, May 8, 2010

SPCC #46


Yay one card made today! It really isn't a big enough accomplishment but I guess it's better than zero cards made. It feels like I have a never ending list of things to do. Ever feel that way? I spent time at a friend's yesterday and it really made me realize how much junk I have in my house!! It's unbelievable actually... Jamie and I are both pack rats so that makes for a really ridiculous house. Our friend Penny is having a garage sale on May 20/21 and I'm going to do some major clean-up and sell-off. Hopefully we can get rid of a bunch of stuff and make a few bucks. But on a totally different note, my friend Julie just started blogging and she's got some good stuff going on. Her blog is full of recipes and tidbits of info on cooking. Check it out here. Now for my card for SPCC #46. I immediately wanted to use the new stamp set Sweet Scoops from the Summer Mini Catalogue when I saw these colors. This set reminds me so much of an old school ice cream parlor. I love it! 

Card Ingredients (All items Stampin’ Up unless indicated. )
Stamps: Sweet Scoops
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Pixie Pink, Basic Black
Paper: Bella Rose DSP, Pixie Pink, Whisper White, Close to Cocoa
Embellishments: Pink buttons (Wal-Mart), Crystal Effects
Tools: 

4 comments:

Susan said...

What a sweet card (bad pun intended). I love the use of three images - I never think of that!

RobbynW said...

Beautiful Sandy! My mind went to this set too, I've just yet to put it together! Don't you love these yummy colors? The buttons and ribbon finish it off perfectly. Great job!
Robbyn - SP Diva

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such an adorable card! I love that stamp set - so summery!

Deanne SP Diva

Stephanie said...

Wonderful card! Love the ice cream cones--perfect! Great job! Thanks for playing at SPCC!