Monday, May 3, 2010

SPCC #45

Boy it's been busy lately! But then again, when is it ever not busy?? And I don't even have kids!! I don't know how all those crafty ladies do it out there! Maybe that's why there's so many late night crafters. So I have to share 2 stories before I write about my card. Story 1: Jamie and I were dog food shopping yesterday and we were at an intersection trying to make a left turn. There were a bunch of cars parked along our left hand side so it was hard to see if there were any oncoming cards. Jamie pulls out a bit and there was a car so he stopped and started reversing. The car continues along in front of us and it's this sweet old couple that look about 70, white hair and all. The wife is driving and as they pass us... The husband in the passenger seat gave us the finger!!! My jaw just dropped. I have never been flipped off by an elderly person before. I can expect that from a teenage punk but a 70 year old grandpa?? Boy was I shocked and upset. Story 2: I had to work today and I walk up from the parkade and when I entered the office, I was in tropical office weather!! Now our new office building has been having air circulation problems. Last week we had temperatures of up to 28 degrees Celsius (82 F) in our clinic rooms and today the thermostat read 31 degrees Celsius (87.8 F)!!! I was so grouchy doing my work all afternoon. I had to go to the sink every 3 minutes and water myself down! Unbelievable!! Ok stories shared, moving onto my card. 
Like I promised, I'll be trying to make cards using stamp sets that are from the new Summer Mini Catalogue. This set is called Elements of Style and qualifies for this month's scrapbooking promotion of free designer brads! This card is for SPCC #45. I stamped the main image in craft basic black then embossed it with black embossing powder. Then I sponged on color, cut it out and popped it up on a Dusty Durango sheet that I dry embossed with the Big Shot. I used the new Smooch spray (also from the new mini) but you can't really tell from the photo. The sentiment is from the set Asian Artistry. I'm off to bed now. Check back tomorrow for a new color challenge over at the PPC-CC blog

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! This is beautiful! Great job with the SPCC colors! Thanks for joining us this week!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card!! Love the flowers. Melisa-SP Diva