Monday, May 31, 2010

PPC-CC #15

Boy it has been mighty busy!! Jamie and I finished our Relay for Life yesterday and boy were we exhausted!! The weather was miserable but everyone's spirits were still high. I'll be posting a few photos later on. Megan over at the Picture Perfect Creations Crafty Challenge blog has another great color challenge for us this week! Woot woot it's challenge #15 already! I didn't do so hot last week but I definitely like this week's colors more and they fall into my comfort zone. The card is super simple and uses Fall to Layout #91's sketch. The flower uses the Floral Fusion sizzlit with the Big Shot and it's just so adorable. I ended up spending about an entire 5 minutes figuring out how to layer the pieces together. I was trying to make 2 flowers and in the end, it just didn't work. I wanted to spray a bit of shimmer onto the flower so I sat it on top of my stack of scraps in my recycle bin and it fell in. The more I tried to grab it the further down it fell. By the time I managed to fetch it out, it hit something blue at the bottom and had blue ink all over the edges. Being super lazy, I just sponged some Chocolate Chip ink on the edges along with some Frost White shimmer paint. I think it totally looks better with the little bit of color to add some dimension to the petals. Hopefully you get a chance to join us this week over at the PPC-CC


Card Ingredients (All items Stampin’ Up unless indicated. )
Stamps: None! 
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Bella Rose DSP (retired), Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Blush Blossom
Embellishments: Old Olive button, Chit Chat rub-ons, Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, linen thread, Frost White shimmer paint
Tools: Scallop edge punch, sponge

2 comments:

Tamie said...

Congrat's on finishing your Relay, it wasn't nice, but I am glad you had fun doing it. I love your card and your flower is awesome!!! :)

Lori Turner said...

Great card this go-round girlie! I love the simplicity of it and the flower rocks!! :) TFS!