Saturday, January 17, 2009

New Year Caardvarks Challenge


So I've tried to get off my lazy butt and get back into the card challenges. I really like the layout for the Caardvarks challenge. I ended up trying to put a card together last night till 1:30 AM and ended up with this. It looked way way better in my head (as it always does). I hummed and hawed and played and cut and trimmed and colored and reglued. Man it takes a long time for me to get my creative juices going. I ended up using paper 3 different sources: Stampin' Up!, K&Company and just some pads I bought from Michael's. It was also my first time using rub-ons and it was semi-successful. I realized it's probably smarter to cut out what I'm going to rub on as opposed to having the entire sheet exposed.

I'm also making a set of thank you cards for a coworker and while making cards for her, I made some for myself as well! I actually copied this layout from a card I saw on Splitcoaststampers. I didn't have the ribbon or the stamp set but the layout is still the same. Now I've seen cards that people make which they claim they have "CASEd" and I searched and googled and can't figure out what the heck "CASE" means.. If you know, could you please leave me a comment!!

Anyways tomorrow is a day full of invitation making for my brother and future sister-in-law. I better get to bed!!

No comments: