Wednesday, February 17, 2010

CONGRATS Robyn!!!

We've been having a ton of babies at work. Like seriously, A LOT!!! So the latest addition is Robyn's baby girl! I haven't heard of what she named her yet so it'll have to be Robyn's baby girl for now. Kate at work bought this ridiculously cute card from Papyrus. I tried looking online for a photo but can't find one so you'll just have to believe me when I say it's super cute with a little pair of terry cloth slippers with bears on them. We're having a joint baby shower this weekend for Heidi and Robyn so Heidi got the baby slipper card. I volunteered to make a card for Robyn. Everyone (including myself!) agreed that I'm going to have a hard time making a card that's going to match the cuteness factor of Heidi's card. I really tried and I think it turned out to be quite cute. 

Now have you gals been watching the Olympics? Bah! Do I even need to ask?? I was watching the men's half-pipe snowboarding finals and the ladies downhill final. The half-pipe is so crazy to watch!! It's so amazing the strength those boarders have to be able to do those 1080s. I tried riding the half-pipe back in the day and IT'S DAMN SCARY!! I definitely don't have the core strength to be able to do any turns. Even going back and forth is tough. Pretty sure at one point I went way too fast and flew up the other side and didn't know what to do at the top to be able to turn around and slide down so I was sorta stuck there for half a second, then fell backwards. Not fun. Another experience with half-pipes... I tried skateboarding and for some reason my friend convinced me to ride a quarter-pipe hand-built in some neighborhood. Now skateboarding and snowboarding can be quite similar but not when it comes to a novice idiot pipe rider! Since one is not strapped to a skateboard, I basically stood on the edge of the pipe, leaned forward, slid into the pipe and the skateboard flew out from under me. My legs went over my head and I landed flat on my back. To make it worse, they were filming footage to put together a skateboarding video! I wouldn't be surprised if it's floating around on youtube somewhere with all these nasty comments. The even more ridiculous thing... I did it a few more times after that!! But luckily I only fell once more after that and managed to reach the other side. I just never learnt what to do after not falling! Now I'm just too old to do something stupid like skateboard! It's hanging nicely in the garage, ready for my future young innocent child to take a gander at. 

Card Ingredients
All items Stampin’ Up unless indicated.

Stamps: Little Angel, Vintage Labels, Fox & Friends
Ink: Rose Red, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Versamark
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Very Vanilla
Embellishments: White organza ribbon
Tools: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots impression folder, scallop trim border punch, corner rounder, 1 3/8" square punch

No comments: