Monday, February 22, 2010

SPCC #36, SFYTT & Stamping Royalty #7

Woot woot! I think this may be the first time or one of the very few times that I've combined 3 challenges in one!! I'm super super hooked onto SPCC. It's the only challenge that I try really hard to do every week. 
And if you haven't already checked out Sketch For You To Try, go now!! The prize is amazing so that's definitely been a good incentive to incorporate Jen's gorgeous sketches into my crafting. Her sketches have always been super clean and easy to use. Sometimes sketch challenges are a little too wild for me and I have a hard time making really busy cards. The last challenge i was able to incorporate into this card is Stamping Royalty's challenge #7. I was hoping to take part in Stamping Royalty's challenges since they first started but I'm pretty lazy. This week the challenge was to make a masculine card and that's a definite challenge for me. I don't think I've ever made a masculine card! I want to use the excuse of me not owning any masculine stamps but who am I kidding?? I don't need a masculine stamp to make a manly card! 
So lately I've been thinking there's a lot of stuff I own in my crafting repertoire that I don't touch. One of those items are sponges! I love the look and I remember having a really hard time using them when I first got sponges 2 years ago. Now I know what you're thinking... How hard is it to sponge color onto a card?? And I have no answer for you, but I just remember not liking how the cards looked whenever I tried to sponge it. Hideous!! I textured the Barely Banana with the new Perfect Polka Dots impressions folder and actually flipped it upside own and had the dots face down. The cupcakes were cut out and jazzed up with some Dazzling Diamonds. The grosgrain ribbon is glued onto the satin ribbon before being tied. 


Now totally side note. I've been watching The Bachelor the entire time I've been writing this post. And my friend Penny just posted about her thoughts on reality TV. I have to admit, I'm a reality TV junky. Now I don't watch some of the hits like Big Brother and I've watched a season here and a season there of some other big hits like Survivor, America/Canada's Next Top Model, Top Chef, etc etc. Hahah now that I think about it, I've probably watched every reality show out there except Big Brother. For those that have been following The Bachelor this season, what are your thoughts on Rosalind? Do you think she actually had "inappropriate" relations with one of the producers of the show? It's pretty hard to believe that a house full of women would make up individual lies against one other girl in the house. Rosalind's last comment about how "inappropriate" it was for the host, Chris, to hit on the fired producer's wife in Australia was her shooting herself in the foot. Anyways, Top Chef Masters is now on! More reality TV! G'nite! 



Card Ingredients
All items Stampin’ Up unless indicated.

Stamps: Out of the Box, Birthday Bliss
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Mellow Moss
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Mellow Moss, Barely Banana, Whisper White
Embellishments: Dazzling Diamond, 5/8" Whisper White satin ribbon, 1/4" Mellow Moss grosgrain ribbon
Tools: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots impressions folder, Stampin' Markers, sponges, corner rounder punch

12 comments:

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Great job! I love your card and the colour combo is perfect for a masculine touch! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

savvy teaching tips said...

You rocked all these challenges girl! I am totally into SPCC too, and although I've stepped down as an SP Diva, I might just have to play with them every week. Anyway,I hope you become addicted to Stampin' Royalty too.

Megan -- Paper Crafts by Megan said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card Sandy!

Please take a look at my blog candy at: www.pictureperfectcreations.blogspot.com and my NEW challenge blog at: www.ppc-challenges.blogspot.com

-Megs :)

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Awesome card!! I love those little cupcakes :-)
Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin’ Royalty!

Emily said...

i love this card...you rocked this challenge!

Emily-SP Diva

Susan said...

I just love all of the layers on this card. Great job with the SPCC colors. And I'm with you about Roz. I think that she is LYING (maybe even to herself). I feel sorry for her kid. Will he pick Vienna or Tenley? I want him to pick Tenley, but think he'll go for Vienna.

Unknown said...

This card is GORGEOUS!! I'm so excited for our card workshop on Sunday...should be fun!
Hope you enjoyed the bachelor! ;)

Robbyn said...

GORGEOUS Sandy! Love your layered ribbon!
Robbyn - SP Diva

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Just fantastic Sandy!! It is perfect!

Deanne SP Diva

thescrapmaster said...

SO CUTE!
Hugs,
Samantha

Unknown said...

wow, beautiful card!!!
I like the cupcakes

Stephanie said...

Love this card and those cupcakes! Great job! Thanks for joining us at SPCC!