Sunday, February 21, 2010

SPCC #35 & FTL #79

Boy I hate it when weekends just fly by and on Sunday you're sitting there going "Darn!". At least it's a gorgeous Sunday and the sun is shining! I'm trying out a Fall To Layout (FTL) sketch from the Clean & Simple blog. I've been following this blog for a while and absolutely love the clean lines that the sketches always offer. 
This week's SPCC colors were also nice and bright and easy to incorporate into a simple sketch. I textured both white backgrounds but you can't really tell with one of them. The summer sun used on the orange isn't very bright because I tried doing the scratch n' sniff technique but have never had success with it. It does still smell orangey though so I decided to leave it. In the photo it looks quite orange but in person it looks like a breastfeeding baby's poop. I've got a big night of card making in front of me. Hopefully we'll finish off a bit early so I can still catch the last bit of the big hockey game against the US tonight. 



Card Ingredients
All items Stampin’ Up unless indicated.

Stamps: Tart and Tangy, One Smart Cookie
Ink: Summer Sun, Only Orange, Green Galore
Paper: Green Galore, Whisper White, Summer Sun
Embellishments: Orange Kool-Aid! 
Tools: Big Shot, Textured Background Plates, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches, sponge

6 comments:

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, these are fabulous! Love that burst of color!

Thank you so much for playing along with us this week @ Clean & Simple Stamping. :)

Susan said...

Your cards are really cute. I love the way that you used the texture.

Stephanie said...

Love these simple, but elegant, fun cards! Great job! Thanks for joining us at SPCC!

Emily said...

Wow this card is fabulous!

Emily-SP Diva

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Fun and summery.

Vicky Hayes said...

Love your card - you're making me want to take another look at that Tart and Tangy set!