Sunday, April 12, 2009

365 Cards Day 43 Challenge

So as I was surfing the web a few days ago (because I had soooo much extra time on my hands....) and came across this fantastic blog called 365 Cards.  I absolutely love making cards for challenges because to be completely honest, I just don't have the creativity to sit down and come up with my own sketches, color combos etc etc. The most awesomest (not a word I know but it sounds cool) part of the blog is that there's a new challenge EVERY SINGLE DAY!! If it was new years when I discovered this blog, my resolution would be to take part in every single challenge. But alas, it's April and it's not resolution time =) 

So today's challenge was to make a gift card holder. How perfect is that?? I was going to make them at my open house a few weekends ago but decided against it in the end so I whipped up this one for the challenge. I know the stamping isn't the greatest but it's Easter Sunday.... So lets all forget about the nitty gritty-ness of cardmaking and as the card says, "Enjoy"! The template I used can be found HERE.  Now I know the tutorial uses the Scor-pal rather than a Scor-it but I don't have a Scor-it and the more I read about a Scor-it the more I want one. I really do find it troublesome to have the premeasured score lines on the Scor-Pal. If the Scor-it is as easy to use as the Scor-pal but yet allows me to score at whatever intervals I want, I'm SOLD. Hopefully the random number pulls me out of the hat!! 
Happy Easter everyone! 

10 comments:

Kim said...

Super Cute Sandy!

Anonymous said...

really pretty, thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Love your card, so elegant!
-Cher

Vicky said...

This is beautiful! I'm so glad you found 365 Cards! Since you like challenges, you're going to love having something different everyday. Can't wait to see what else you come up with for our future challenges!

Jana said...

Such a pretty card. Love the design.

~Tammy~ said...

Your gift card holder is beautiful. I love the colours! Fantastic job! Thanks for coming to play at 365 cards! Hope we will be seeing more of your creations

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Lovely and elegant great job.

Debbie Stelton

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous gift card holder...welcome to 365 Cards!!!

Pam said...

Sandy, first of all, your comments about 365 Cards warms my heart - that is just the kind of enthusiasm I hoped this blog would produce. Secondly - your card is stunning, and the recipient will no doubt "enjoy" it ;)

Regan said...

Beautiful!!!