Thursday, April 30, 2009

365 Cards Day 61 & CP Sketch 12


I'm on a roll for doubling up challenges. I really hope that the challenges I'm doubling up on aren't mad at me for doing so. I don't know if there's a faux pau thing about combining challenges or not. I did go by one challenge blog and it specifically requested that cardmakers did NOT combine challenges and that kinda turned me off at bit so needless to say, I didn't add them to my favorites. Anyways today's doubling includes 365 Cards "Leaf it up to me" challenge to include a leaf or two on my card and Card Patterns Sketch 12. Now I started off trying to use scalloped circles but then realized after I cut up all my base that the scalloped circles are too big!!! I wonder if anyone else had the same problem... Or maybe they just have more supplies can were able to make smaller scalloped circles! Anyways I changed them over to squares and for some reason I had a scalloped edge strip in my mind when I kept looking back at the sketch. It was never there but in my mind, it totally was!! All the scalloped-ness is throwing me off my game! Anyways, the stamp set that includes some leafy-ness is Pocket Silouettes and the sentiment on the front is from Happiness Always. Both sets are from Stampin' Up. The inside sentiment is from Hero Arts. Hope you enjoy! 

7 comments:

Maz said...

This is really gorgeous, I love the clean lines to it, just my kind of card
maz

~amy~ said...

Sandy, wow...love your card...woot woot for multi-tasking and combining challenges...nothing wrong with that! FAB job!!

whoistracy said...

Sandy this is stunning!! I love the colors, the little squares, the silhouettes, the scallops! This is perfect. So glad you could join us on CP.

Marie said...

This is a great card! Love the clean lines and contrast of the colors on it. You did a great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at CP this week.

Sonya said...

Sandy you have made such an elegant card this week. You are a wonderfully neat scrapper! like Marie,I must say that I am impressed by your lovely clean lines, great job!

Ann said...

Your card is fabulous! I think I need to get this set now! LOL! Thanks for playing along at 365 Cards. ;)

Regan said...

WOW - this card just pops, I love the colour combo!