Saturday, April 18, 2009

365 Cards Day 48

Boy I'm starting to fall behind on these challenges over at 365 Cards. Today's (well really yesterday's but it took me way longer than I thought to make the darn thing) challenge was to score a pattern and there are some amazing cards done on their blog. I wanted to do a card by just scoring a framed border. I really wanted to have better sentiment but realized that I don't make birthday cards very often. You can't tell from the picture but the sentiment is embossed with Basic Gray and Iridescent Ice from SU.

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Florals and Sincere Salutations (SU)
Paper: Stampin' Up cardstock in Whisper White and Soft Sky
Accessories:  Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Iridescent Ice embossing powder both from SU
Supplies: blender pen, two-way glue pen, SU markers, heat gun, Versamark 

12 comments:

Ginny said...

i LOVE the scoring on this...looks fab :0)

don't worry you can't be as far behind as I was before I "caught up"...lol....was feeling envious of your crafting space on your header..n then I saw your "baby" peeping around the corner..lol...how cute :0)

~amy~ said...

Sandy, I love what you've done...such the elegant, clean & crisp card...you've inspired me to use my never been inked Fifth Avenue set :)

Cynthia said...

I love this card! love the subtle border that packs such a big impression. Definately simple yet classy.

Regan said...

Wow, I haven't been on in awhile and this is simply amazing!!!

Jana said...

Oh this is pretty. Love the simple design and you scoring is way nice.

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Sandy this card is lovely and elegant. Congrats on having this creation chosen as one of the top cards for Scor It week it is well deserved.

AUsome mom said...

This is just so striking. I love it and I'd love to know how you did it. Beautiful, just beautiful. Congrats on the win at 365 - you deserve it!

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

The scoring on your card is gorgeous, must have taken you ages, well done

Rose said...

What perfect scor lines!! Congrats on your COTW!! there is a little something for your win on my blog :-)
http://roseshappyplace.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-am-in-shock-that-3-ladies-have-given.html

Rosemary said...

I just started and am already behind! Oh well!

I love the card you made, your scoring looks great and is much more intense than my rather feeble attempt. Love the watercoloring also.

Sam said...

Very elegant card. x

Nancy Sanders said...

Great card, amazing on the score it pattern. I bet that was really difficult. Congrats on the 365 award.