Tuesday, April 14, 2009

365 Cards Day 45


I'm super impressed with myself!! I've been 3 for 3 so far since I started making cards for 365 Cards Challenges.  Today's challenge was to make a trifold card. I haven't made one of these yet and I followed the tutorial found on Tammy's blog but I found the card a touch skinny so I wasted some cardstock and rescored my card at 2 1/4" and 6 1/4". 
I know the extra 1/4" doesn't seem like much but it makes the card feel just wide enough to make me not notice the skinny-ness. 


Anywhooo, I am quite happy with how little Ian turned out from The Greeting Farm. It's the first time I got to use my Hello Ian stamp and I'm so glad I decided to buy him. I stamped him in Staz On on watercolor paper and colored him with a blender pen an Classic SU ink. I also stamped him again on patterned paper and cut his hat and scarf out. The hat is popped up a bit even though you can't tell in the picture. Finished off the card with some satin ribbon from SU (love love love it) and some silver brads and pewter large eyelets all from SU. 


And once again, thanks to all the ladies that stopped by and left comments. Everyone's kind words absolutely warms my heart an makes me feel all bubbly inside. Makes me want to keep pumping out cards just so I can read more comments!! 

Stamps: Hello Ian (The Greeting Farm)
Paper: Stampin' Up cardstock Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black and DSP from SU, watercolor paper
Accessories: Satin Ribbon, Eyelet, Brads (All SU)
Supplies: Crop-a-dile, ticket corner punch, blender pen

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

Okay, this is totally adorable...I ♥♥ TGF!!!

Pam said...

Wow - I think I just love every little thing about this card, Sandy! BTW - your comment about being addicted to the blog had me laughing out loud, you are too funny :)

Rosemary said...

I love making the cards too and reading what others think of them - it is inspiring! This is a sweet card, I love Ian. The little touches of repeating the colors throughout just make this a great card!

Kristie Larsen said...

Ian is freaking adorable! Love this card so much. The grey and green are so lovely together!

Cynthia said...

This card looks beautiful, Im liking this 365 thing. I think this layout is pretty ingenius. Definately would make a nice classy wedding invitation look (lol, sorry im in wedding mode)

Regan said...

This card is sooooo adorable....I would love to make one, unfortunately, my order placed from Treehouse stamps on March 8 is still not here, yep, over 5 weeks and still not here!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Super Cute Stamp! Great take on the tri fold challenge. Thanks for playing

Jana said...

Cute card. Love that little guy.