Monday, April 13, 2009

365 Cards Day 44 & Color Throwdown #37


My oh my, I thought I was a night owl but the team at 365 Cards is just as late as me! As I mentioned in my very first 365 Card creation, I am very excited that I found a blog that has a different challenge EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! Where they come up with ideas, I have no clue but I definitely find this blog different than many of the others. The main difference for myself is most challenge blogs host a challenge once a week or once every other week. This gives procrastinators like myself a load of time to push it back and keep pushing until the time limit is up and Mister Linky is closed. The difference with 365 Cards is I don't have slack time to play around with!! If I don't muster up a card for that days challenge, I'll fall behind because there'll be a new one up the very next day!! And in this case, within the next 12 hours or so!! I feel like I'm in school where I can't miss a day because I'll fall behind and never be able to catch up! So that's why I'm up till the wee hours of 1 am just so I could finish my money holder! If you can't actually read what the sentiment says, here it is. The front says "
Shopping with your husband is like hunting with the game warden." And on the inside I typed up "Take this money instead and buy yourself something nice." and printed it on white cardstock. 

This card also used the colors of this week's Color Throwdown. Boy was it hard to just have the 3 colors to work with and all 3 colors were on the lighter side. 


Now I know you may all be thinking "TEN BUCKS?? What a cheapo!" I just want to say that I only used the $10 bill because of the color contrast!! A nice pink $50 would have looked great but I definitely don't have any of those floating around these days. Anywhooo off to bed! 


P.S. Thanks to all the ladies that stopped by from the 365 Card team and leaving such lovely comments. I can't wait to keep playing and being inspired by you gals! 


Stamps: Park Avenue Patterns (SU), LOL Taglines (There She Goes)
Paper: Stampin' Up cardstock in Sage Shadow, Pink Pirouette, Cameo Coral
Accessories: Sage Shadow Grograin Ribbon (SU)
Supplies: Coluzzle, corner rounder, dimensionals, embossing powder, heat gun, stamp-a-ma-jig

16 comments:

Goblinf said...

Very witty sentiment, and a colour scheme I wouldn't have thought could look so good! well done.

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness....this is fabulous...totally perfect-o!

LeAnne said...

What a hoot! Cute idea, and a perfect sentiment! Thanks for playing with us this week on the CTD!
LeAnne

Barbara said...

Great sentiment and very cute card!!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you next time!

Vicky said...

Fantastic sentiment for this type of card! Love it! Great job and thanks for joining us again today!

Kim said...

Cute! Like your stamped sentiment...

Joann said...

Funny sentiment!

Rosemary said...

This is great - I love the captions so much (I'm telling you right now I'm going to borrow it for a card). This great. I just started participating at 365 today, I've been checking it out and am so inspired!

Maz said...

I love these colours
Maz

Anonymous said...

fantastic, and I love the sentiment, very cute

Kristie Larsen said...

ok seriously is that a bag with a gun on it!?!?!?!? How totally cool is that?!? I love this so so much. Great take on the challenge and hey, get some sleep!!!!

Unknown said...

Great card! Love the sentiment!

Fi said...

Very funny card - but oh so true - my husband is exactly like that - I really need your stamp set.
Hugs
Fi

Karen Lee said...

Neat sentiment. Great job!

hugs, Karen Lee

Unknown said...

This is perfect, love the sentiment!
-Cher

Monica Anderberg said...

This is gorgeous! I really like your design with the colours. You are always making such a nice things. I just love come and visit your blog and see everything lovely things!

Monica at scrapoleket.blogspot.com